When your new SIM Card has been activated, replace it with your new one according to the following steps:
- Power off your WiFI router, modem or hotspot device.
- Remove the old SIM Card.
- Separate (pop out) your new SIM at the size matching your old card.
- Insert the new SIM Card into your device.
- Power up your device and wait a few minutes for it to sync with the network.
If your device connects successfully, you can use it as always. If it doesn't connect or has very slow speeds, access the device settings using a web browser and change the APN name to BTB.static
Call 888-521-9801 with any questions or for assistance with the process of replacing your SIM.
- Our service is designed for the average data user and for use cases such as: general primary or secondary Internet connectivity, small business, fail-over/backup, mobile, events, and lower-end data applications. The average data use case is 200 GB of data. After 200 GB of usage the national carrier may limit your broadband speed.
- During times of network congestion, small fractions of customers in highly populated areas who've used over 50 GB in the current cycle may notice temporarily reduced speeds due to prioritization. You will continue to receive unlimited data during times when the network is busy and/or highly congested.